Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Unknown power supply service for MS905 and MS908

1922 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2016-02-11 11:09:28

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54
    2016-01-12 03:35:38
                   Would like a bona-fide concrete service for power supply issues both for the MS905 and MS908 including service center locations and contact information,usual and customary charges for battery replacement,charging circuit issues and AC to DC adapter replacement along with any other routine services related to power supply.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-01-15 05:59:40 (Reply to:tech54)

Maxi Sys 3.7 V Internal batteries should be able to accept charge from any DC power source from 5V -24V (whether or not you use the AC adapter or not, because there is a voltage regulator inside between the charge port and the battery. You can velcro and hook an external  12 volt portable lith battery to the back of tablet and connect to AC/DC adapter port in the mean time. I think Autel is just in the planning stages of shipping batteries from China here to the USA. I do not believe they have any established repair centers to change parts and I wouldn't hold my breath they will become available or develop a universal plan. Like trying to buy replacement drawer guides for a Chinese tool cart from harbor freight. If it is not covered under the 1 year warranty or an amended Total Care update ,repair deductible $ you will have to pay during a subscription , I don't believe Autel will ever make genuine battery replacements available to us to  do it ourselves cheaply.You jury rig it and try to use it as is or replace it with a newer unit, or hope another Chinese company makes a good direct fit  bootleg aftermarket battery you can buy from a warehouse in the USA for less than $50, LMFAO

•   Level 2   
    (45) points
    Pd123

2016-02-11 11:09:28 (Reply to:witsend)

So I guess a feature in upcoming Autel devices might be a removable and rechargeable battery? This way busy Auto shops can have one on charge and one in device. Good for Autel too selling extra batteries and chargers $$$ Though Witsend your idea of piggybacking is creative genius!!! They've done something similar with mobile phone cases that are battery extenders, can't see why Autel couldn't develop the same thing for their older devices that require batteries, in clip on convenience while you wait for the internal battery to be "replaceable".
  Total1 Pages